Who are we?
We’ve taken a new fresh approach to chartered accounting and
financial services, catering for small to medium businesses.
We are your financial business partners.
We do numbers! We believe a solid financial foundation and effective management will give you that birds-eye-view of your business so you can make those game-changing decisions with confidence.
The intimidating space between your company’s executive management level and your general accounting staff is one that SMEs are reluctant to fill with a permanent staff member simply because Chartered Accountants are expensive, and cash flow in the majority of growing companies is always tight. We will bridge that gap!
We are not just accountants or auditors, we are chartered accountants.
Dynamic | Talented | Adaptive | Passionate | We get it done
We are holistic business leaders, revolutionising the accounting industry.
We provide real time support and add real value to all spheres of business.
“I have been the auditor and the audited, the employee and the director!
During my career, I have realised how the need for financial compliance and functioning systems may come across as intimidating and onerous, and the approach to this process is met with much trepidation and resistance.
As CA’s, we have a passion and deep knowledge of financial systems and management... so take a breath and leave it all up us while you get down to business.”
Veronique-Chantelle Mew (Chartered Accountant, Entrepreneurial Advisor, Creative Thinker, Systems and Processes Consultant, International Finances Specialist and owner of THE NUMBERS PEOPLE.)
The expectation for finance to add greater value to the business is growing. Successful business partners are seen as leaders that can in influence the decisions that business makes to maximise shareholder value and return.
Alan Flanagan – Consulting Partner at Deloitte
LET'S TALK ABOUT IT
- 7 Years to qualify
- 3 Year BCOM degree
- 1 Year BCOM honours degree
- 3 Years articles
- 2 Board exams
- 3600 Core hours
- We can break down complex systems quickly, think logically and add value to businesses in a
short period of time
- We approach challenges with different thought processes, and can provide a fresh strategic approach to the future of your business
- We are passionate about business... not just numbers
- Aptitude for figures
- Endless commitment
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind
- Good communication skills
- Ability to keep it simple
- Good listening skills
- Professional competence and due care
Core Skills (not limited to)
- Business strategy
- Identify opportunities
- Risk mitigation
- Analysis and evaluation of financial data
- Knowledge about business processes
- Can simply your internal control structure
- Budgeting, reporting, forecasting
- Project management
- Great planners and all round managers
- Ability to investigate audit report findings and recommend improvements
- Assist in financial IT planning and implementation
- Tax / Foreign exchange consulting
- Ability to read and interpret applicable Acts
- Work closely with relevant business units and management
- Create real and active partnerships within the company
- Provide real time support
- Be your trusted advisor
- Add value that will assist you in decision making
- Checks and balances
- Methods and procedures
Why are internal controls / systems important?
- Safeguard’s assets and resources
- Deter and detect fraud, errors and theft
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of accounting data
- Produce reliable and timely financial and management information, and
- Ensure company-wide adherence to policies and procedures
- If yes, is this system functioning efficiently?
- The Numbers People are well experienced in this arena, and can design and implement a system tailor made for your business. We can also simplify your existing structure, and ensure that your risks of error or fraud are reduced.
Financial management is crucial to put your numbers to work and make your business more successful.
Do you have someone in your company who fulfils this function?
- The Numbers People can provide your company with a full financial management function on a part time basis therefore saving you the need to recruit. We will analyse, simplify and communicate your numbers to you to ensure that you have all the information you need to determine the health of your business, and make key decisions.
- The Numbers People can do this all for you. Our refreshing approach to interviewing will highlight the most suitable candidates for your company, after taking into account all the necessary elements (company culture, skills, personality), and a short list of candidates will be compiled.
Business Support & Financial Management Services
- Business Support & Financial Management Services
- Regular financial consulting & advise for executive management (your ‘go to’ company)
- Direct support for accounting staff - MR
- Budgeting and rolling forecasts - MR
- Internal control design, implementation and monitoring - I&P
- Review and correction of audit management letter report points - I&P
- Financial IT software project management - I&P
- Coaching and mentoring of management and staff - MR
- I&P Forensic investigations
- MR Sourcing & recruiting of financial/accounting staff
*Fee: MR (Monthly retainer), I&P (Investigation and proposal)
Month end Assistance
- General ledger maintenance
- Monthly reconciliations -Creditors, debtors, inventory, VAT, Bank, and others
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Registers and depreciation calculations
- Clearing of suspense accounts
- Management reporting and nancial analysis
- Adjustments / Journal entries
- VAT / SARS submissions
- Assistance on inventory management
*Fee based on review and proposal (company size and requirements)
Year end Assistance
- General ledger review and close out
- Adjustments and journal entries
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Management of annual stock counts
- Assistance with annual audits
- Year-end reporting
- Financial statement preparation
- Tax calculations
*Fee based on review and proposal (company size and requirements)
Other Support Services
- HR / Payroll
- IT (Financial and administration)
- Company tax
- Exchange control
- BBBEE assistance
*Fee per service
We offer a free upfront assessment of your business, after which we will provide you
with a no obligation proposal of what services we will be able to offer your company.
Our billing comes in different forms, depending on what your requirements are.
• Monthly retainer
• ‘Consult-as-you-go’ rate per hour
• Per minute billing – specifically for phone and email support
• Project based fee
Do you have what it takes to be a part of The Numbers People?
We believe in demystifying the misconceived world of chartered accountancy. We work towards building life-long partnerships with our clients. We are not the typical chartered accountants, we are thought leaders, entrepreneurial advisors, creative thinkers, process consultants and financial specialists. We reject the idea of ‘the box’ and think inclusively to involve every department and function within a business.
We treat each client’s business as if it was our own.
We get passionate about making it work and believe in holistic thinking. We have abandoned the grey suit and the rigidity that comes with it. Numbers are fun! And our clients need to have fun with us.
If you are all these things and perhaps a little more, send us your CV to email@example.com
We want to know what sets you apart from the grey suits. Please include your manifesto and SAICA number.